1 1/2 cups Promised Land Dairy Whole Milk
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
6 large egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 325º F. Place six, 6-ounce ovenproof ramekins or custard cups in a 13×9-inch baking pan.
- Heat milk and cream in medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stir occasionally until just bubbling.
- Beat eggs yolks, brown sugar and vanilla in medium bowl; gradually whisk milk mixture into egg mixture. Pour mixture evenly into ramekins. Carefully fill baking pan with very hot water to 1-inch depth.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until custard is set. Remove from oven and refrigerate.
- Preheat broiler. Sprinkle each custard with about 2 teaspoons sugar. Broil for 1 to 3 minutes, watch constantly as sugar can burn, until sugar has caramelized. Serve immediately.